We don’t realize that proper digestion is a prerequisite for good health. This process provides the energy, regenerates tissue and builds immunity.
Proper transformation of food is an essential part of our lives. To take full advantage of the nutrients contained in the meals, they should be properly compose and we should remember that different groups of nutrients are digested in different conditions.
Carbohydrate products are processed under alkaline conditions. The first stage takes place in the mouth, where the food is adequately prepared for further digestion. The next phase is the breakdown into simple sugars in the small intestine. If carbohydrates are not prepared to digest, they will become a breeding ground for bacteria and, therefore, they will be fermented and will produce harmful substances. The proteins are however digested in acid medium. This process begins in the stomach by pepsin and also for infants reninie. The next step takes place in the small intestine thanks to the juices from the pancreas. The process of metabolism of proteins is particularly important for us and thanks to this we get the amino acids essential for good health.
The division of food into groups of carbohydrate and protein indicates that the raw materials are formulated with one or another. To digestion proceed smoothly, and what we eat to be healthy, we should avoid combining them in meals. For proper functioning of the raw materials we need the three groups, and therefore proteins, carbohydrates and fats. The latter can be freely combined with other products.
These principles inspired me to make some changes in the composition of meals. At the beginning I used mainly sources such as academic textbooks, consultations with doctors and nutritionists, and the information was enriched with their experience with composing meals for themselves and their families and the people who are asking me to change their diet.
Here are a few rules about how to combine products that are easy to digest and how to benefit from the nutritional value:
- Avoid to mix a group of carbohydrate and proteins in your meal. It will help to prevent stagnation of undigested residues and therefore the development of yeasts and construction of fecal stones. Digestion of each item will be quiet, will result in better metabolism and less fat deposited, you will reduce and normalize your body weight. Digested carbohydrates alone are converted into energy in its entirety and does not cause the development of fungi and parasites. This means that ex. fish and other meat should be consumed with vegetables instead of chips, bread or porridge. Eat an egg with tomato instead with slices of bread and while preparing omelet dont add flour. Let the best addition to the rice be vegetables, and eat your favorite sandwich with the cucumber or vegetable paste instead of ham
- chew carefully the products of mixed composition, eg. legumes containing starch and protein. In this way, it will be better prepared for digestion in the small intestine
- combine proteins with vegetable from the neutral groups in a proportion of 20% protein, 80% of vegetables. Vegetables support digestion of proteins, including providing fiber
- combine carbohydrates also with vegetables from the group of neutral
- do not add much fat to the proteins. More beneficial to yourhealth is baked of steamed fish, and add some light dressing to chicken salad
- fats (freshly pressed oils: linseed, borage oil, grape seed oil, primrose oil, coconut oil, olive oil extra virgin, butter, clarified butter) can be combined with carbohydrates, protein (carefully) and neutral group of vegetables
- sweet fruit always shoud be served separately
- sour fruits combine with seeds, nuts, and the fermented dairy products (yogurt, preferably homemade, kefir, buttermilk), but the protein should be just a small addition!
Chew thoroughly and long, eat slowly. Keep this in mind especially if you hit a meal, which can not be separated into proteins and carbohydrates, for example. dumplings with meat or cabbage with meat and rice. Unfortunately, traditional Polish cuisine is based on composing unhealthy meals. In the gastrointestinal tract are residues that favor the development of fungi and parasites, and as a consequence severe, chronic conditions. I know how difficult it is to decide on this diet, if you are accustomed to the traditional home dinners, but trust me, that these changes quickly are paying off, and the well-being and good health, make you add these rules permanently to your diet.