Acne – a nightmare of many teenagers but also adults. Medical treatment is not always effective and scientists are still unsure whether dieting allows to eliminate unpleasant symptoms of acne.
I know a lot about acne from books, perhaps people who suffer from it, too. To learn more I talked with people who have acne skin about fighting this problem by means of dieting. I also read many accounts of such people. I noted all I have learnt and I am going to present my conclusions below.
- highly processed food
- colourful and fizzy drinks
- products with a long expiration date
- animal fats
- sweets, chocolate as well
- fatty dairy products, resign from cow dairy if possible
- hot spices, mustard, mayonnaise
- salt, especially iodized
People who resigned from gluten enjoyed considerable improvement of their skin condition.
- green vegetables (vitamin E, B6)
- red vegetables (vitamin A)
- vegetable fats, especially linseed oil
- leguminous plants
- wholegrain bread, rye preferably
- if possible: fresh oysters and clams (zinc!)
- seeds, vegetables, fruit rich in fiber
- beetroot juice
- oregano oil (5 drops before a meal)
- calamus root
Aloe juice is worth drinking and putting it on the face with a cotton pad.
Regular workouts recommended!!!!