Today we are celebrating International Optimist Day and that’s why I have prepared the recipe for staying positive for you.
If you want to make bread, you need flour, water, salt, and some extra ingredients. In order to lose weight, you should combine physical activity, a proper diet and motivation. And what about staying positive? There’s a recipe for that, too! There it goes:
1. Change the things you can. If there’s something you can’t change, accept it. Then your life will become much better!
2. Look for positive traits in other people. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but in this recipe we focus on the glass that is half full!
3. Live according to your values. Decide on the 5 most important ones and then make your choices by following them!
4. Set yourself some goals. Remember that they should be measurable, dependent on you, specific and achievable! Only then will you be able to achieve them!
5. Rest. Your body needs time to recover. Sleep is your friend and meditation is a great way to relax.
6. Maintain work-life balance. Find some time for your family, work and yourself.
7. Exercise regularly. Choose the kind of physical activity that’s best for you. Sport brings joy, relieves stress and, what’s important, it is beneficial for our health.
8. Follow a healthy diet. A well-balanced diet will affect your mood and work efficiency.
9. Work on your emotions. Learn how to identify and control them properly. Breathing exercises are, among others, a good way to help you do it (I wrote about them HERE).
10. Surround yourself with positive and good people. As someone wise once said: Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.
Staying positive is like riding a bike – everyone can learn how to do it!