The rules I’ll present to you today are common knowledge. But I figured it’s a good idea to remind them as February is a month rather hard to handle.
pic by: Marta Wojtal
We still don’t have enough sunlight. Those who work with artificial light may not experience sunlight at all. We’re all fed up with winter already, especially if the white and beautiful winter was present only for a few days. The lucky ones can get some energy during winter holidays, but there aren’t much of them.
As our mood gets low we tend to look for consolation – sweets. As we feel exhausted most of the time we tend to buy prepared meals. As there aren’t many vegetables and fruit sticking to healthy diet gets harder. A weakened organism is vulnerable to infections.
We can’t give up though! Let’s take care about the health of our loved ones and ourselves!
- Remember about the ‘sunny’ vitamin D.
- Train a few times a week, but exercise mildly and moderately. You’ll be served with a dose of endorphines and satisfaction.
- Eat vegetables, a lot of vegetables. Especially warm, as dinner. Root vegetables will warm you up from the inside!
- Eat sprouts. They’re a source of vitamins, minerals and chlorophyl.
- Eat apples.
- Grow and eat parsley.
- Add honey to your morning water with lemon juice. Of course if you’re not an allergic.
- Eat garlic. Add it to meat and vegetables.
- Eat pickles.
- Take care about your intestines – don’t be tempted and eat healthily.
- Spices like: curcuma, ginger, cinnamon and chilli will also warm you up. Use them in your cuisine. They also boost your immune system.
- Don’t avoid staying outdoors! Exercise outdoors, march for a few minutes every day and breathe in the air (hopefully without traffic fumes).
- Reduce stress to a minimum. It’s actually possible to limit stressors in our lifes.
- Make sure to rest. Healthy and deep sleep is very important. Don’t take your smartphone and tablet to bed with you. Don’t fall asleep in frot of the TV.
- Cut back on any stimulants! It’s best to give them up completely.
- Drink herbal and fruit teas.
- Appreciate every second of life and be happy!
All of those rules are rather obvious, aren’t they? Yeah, so why not stick to them! 🙂